Saturday, March 13, 2004
the rain in Spain
 
I have a very similar feeling in the pit of my stomach now as I did in the days following Sept 11th. It's that feeling in which you know things are never going to be the same. As soon as I heard the news about the attacks in Spain I knew the outlook on terrorism was going to change once again. For Spain, THIS is their 9/11. They are finding themselves united against a cause, and are trying to find strength in each other as they struggle to understand why this happened. For the rest of us, it will be a wake up call to realize that this can happen anytime, and anywhere. If it hasn't come knocking on your door yet, it will.
This is what Europe is about to realize. It is happening to them. NOW. And it will, without a doubt, happen again. This is a growing problem and it isn't going away. Mark my words, folks.....this is just the beginning of things to come.

CNN.com has put together an in-depth look at the Spanish attack, including background and all "the players" in the scenario, if you are looking to learn more about it. Keep in mind it's CNN and take everything you read with a grain of salt.

As for me, I didn't post yesterday because I have been unable to shake this funk as I had hoped, and didn't feel you needed to hear me whine about it some more. I learned that just because you declare that you'd like to get off an emotional roller coaster doesn't mean you can. :-/ Sometimes you just gotta wait until the ride is over, I guess....

Thursday night I went over to Princess Blondie's, for our usual Thursday night viewing of Survivor, and she caught on right away that things are a bit off with me. Hardly in the mood to discuss it I tried to play it off like nothing was wrong (keeping in mind that I am the worst liar in the world). So yesterday she e-mailed me and asked what was up. After a few e-mails she was giving me the sweetest pep-talk ever. She's truly one the greatest people to ever have walked into my life, and I am grateful for that.

Anyway, I'm not gonna drone on about my crap mood. It is what it is, and all I can do is hold on and hope that it passes soon. Meantime, I'm gonna go do some much needed laundry over at the parent's place, and go to work for a bit. *sigh*
Hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend.