Saturday, March 06, 2004
beyond the sea
 
Yup. That's a picture of me diving in the Red Sea last June, when I was in Eilat, Israel. That was the beginning of the end, and now I have gone and taken a second job at a diving shop, and am in the midst of getting my first level of certification. Who knew that a little dip in the sea would lead to all this? Not me, I can tells ya that much!

I am exhausted after a long day on very little sleep. My friend's airplane came in late last night, so I didn't get to bed until 1am, and I was up and at the pool for 8:30am. Actually, that's not entirely accurate, I showed up quite late as I realized *just* before I arrived, that I had forgotten my towel, like a complete dumbass. So I had to turn my car around and head back home. I was running so late by the time I was on my way back that my boss called to see if I remembered I had a class. D'oh! Not a good thing to show up late to a class when (a) you work in the shop and (b) when your boss is letting you take it for free.

Anyway, it was a fantastic day with a really great class. I am in a class with 5 other guys, and we all seem to get along really well. It was tons of fun and we practiced all our skills in the pool and did our best to not drown. Really, it was so much fun, I can't wait for tomorrow.

I'd love to talk more about it, but frankly, I need sleep. I've rewarded myself with pizza and Coke (a rarity since cleaning up my eating habits) and now I want a nice hot bath. After that we'll see if I can stay awake through a movie...then it's bedtime so I am fresh as a daisy (and hopefully punctual) for tomorrow's class. I may not be able to write tomorrow, as I am going right from my class to my parent's place for dinner; my grandma is in town, so the family is gathering. I'll be pretty tired by the time I get there, and even moreso after dinner, so I might post on Monday. We'll see.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend....

oh! And Happy Birthday to one of my bestest friends Melra!