Sunday, March 07, 2004
Purim
 
I feel I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that it is the Jewish holiday of Purim. It's generally the favourite holiday of Jewish children as it calls for people to dress up and party (much like Halloween for we westerners). The holiday (like nearly all the other holidays) celebrates surviving yet another group of people trying to kill us. lol. This time it was the Jews living in Persia who were almost killed off by Haman. You can get information here on the holiday if you are interested. For a somewhat sobering look at celebrating this fun holiday, go here to Allison's post. She talks about the difficulties of celebrating a happy holiday in a country where heavy security is on every corner to protect the revellers.

Otherwise, I wish all my Jewish readers a Purim Sameach, and to everyone else, a great week!
And for me...I'm gonna go do some more diving!! woohoo!