Sunday, February 15, 2004
siblings
 
As my mother tells it, I have adored my brother since the day I was born. I looked up to him, admired him, followed him everywhere, and just generally loved his company. I would let him do anything to me if it meant he would hang out with his little sister. One time when I was about 4 years old my mother found the ponytail of my long blonde hair on the floor. She searched high and low, and finally found me hidden in a closet where my brother had parked me and told me to be quiet. When he was confronted about cutting my hair off he simply said "Mom, it was just something I had to do". lol Gotta try everything once, right?

And while those days are gone (as is the blonde hair, it turned brunette as I got older) I still adore my brother immensely. We have a wonderful bond that defies description. (honestly, I just sat here for a good two minutes staring at the screen trying to think of a way to describe it and came up empty!)

Anyway, you get the point. I love my brother lots and lots. Which is why I am thrilled he and his girlfriend (if you can still call her that after 15 years) are coming over for dinner. They'll be here in an hour or so. You guys behave while I'm gone.
I mean it!!