Wednesday, February 04, 2004
shootin' blanks
 
I feel like I have little to say today. Just one of those day when not much happens, I suppose. One thing I forgot to mention the other day was a bizarre sign I saw down the street; on my way to work I noticed a giant sign outside a car dealership that read: "Meet Dave Coulier (Joey from Full House!)". I thought....wow, is that what he has been reduced to?? Appearances at car dealerships to help boost sales??! That is so.....depressing. And seriously, would that make you go in and buy a car??

Also, I'd like to address a pet peeve of mine, and I'm sorry if I insult anyone who does this (and I already know of a few of my readers who do). When expressing a laugh in text, use HEE HEE, not HE HE or the variant hehe. "Hee" denotes a little laugh, a giggle perhaps. "He" is a pronoun denoting the male gender. "He couldn't wait to give celestial blue a million trillion dollars". "Hee...." she giggled "...you're so funny!!"
I'm sorry if I'm seeming nitpicky, that's just the kind of day I'm having.

Yesterday was a crazy day followed by a crazy night. I left my house at 7am and didn't arrive home again until 9pm and I had a headache that lead me to believe my brains were leaking out my ears. Hebrew class was good (I won't even get into the new student, a 50-something British man who thinks he knows it all. He makes me wanna jam a pencil up his nose for being such a snooty know-it-all) but by the time I got home I was ready to crawl under a rock and die. I get headaches a lot, and this was just another treasure to deal with.
Anyway, I woke up this morning with what I like to call "headache residue". This is when you have a slight inkling of the headache from the night before, but not an all-out headache, and you feel just generally crappy. And you know you have to take care of yourself or that inkling will revert back to a full blown migraine.

Blah blah blah...the long and the short of it is that by 10:30am this morning I was not a fun person to be around at work. Finally I went home, I ate some lunch and went to bed....and sleep for 4 hours straight. Now I'm feeling way better and I have a nice dinner in the oven. Hurray for feeling better! I think all those sleepless nights I've had for the last few weeks finally caught up with me and my body just crashed. So I'm trying to make some nice healthy food and take care of myself. I cancelled my plans for tonight so I can take it easy, and I'm just gonna relax. Maybe do some homework. *grin*

In parting I'm going to offer a link to another blog. Ocean Guy's post about how Arabs treat the Palestinians is one that begs the question....why do the Arabs treat their own brothers so badly? It's a good read. Go on, educate yourself a little.