Monday, February 09, 2004
cloud ten
 
Today's lesson is "never say never". When I left my retail job 3 years ago to get into merchandising stores I said I would never go back to retail. Yet tonight when I was offered a job in a store again I couldn't yes fast enough. :-D
That's right ladies and gentlemen, I am now gainfully employed in a second job. I have concerns about working two jobs, but the possibilities this job offers me are just too great to ignore. I decided this year would be different, and if I'm going to make that true I need to start taking risks and doing things I wouldn't normally do. I set my sights on something and I attained it, and I'm feeling pretty darn good about it.

The interview (if you can call it that, the guy had pretty much hired me over the phone before he even met me) was casual and we got along very well. We both have the same sarcastic sense of humour, so we meshed well. He told me that he gets resumes handed in everyday there (coz apparently "everyone" wants to work at a scuba shop. this was news to me, I thought everyone wanted to work in a record store, which I've also done btw) and the reason he wanted to hire me is because of my merchandising skills. He wants me to help him reset/redesign the layout of his store and help it look better. I told him that I would be thrilled to help him out with that, since it IS what I do for a living afterall, and I'm good at it, if I do say so myself. So that felt pretty good, it was nice to be excited about that part of my job again. It reminded my why I have my current fulltime job...that this is a passion of mine that has just sort of taken a backseat to office work.

Anyway, I start on Friday. Wheeee!! And of course, he's gonna get me into some diving lessons. Wheee again!!

*sigh* I sure didn't know today was gonna turn out so well.