Saturday, February 14, 2004
a deeper shade of soul
 
Well well well.....look at the can of worms I opened with one little post about a movie. Perhaps this is why I was hesitant to bring it up in the first place, but thus far I have not regretted it. It's been an interesting meeting of my Christian and Jewish readers. Both sides have points to be made and both are passionate in their beliefs. To me that can only be good, even if agreement will never be reached. I believe an intelligent debate is healthy and is a good exercise in opening one's mind to other points of view. I find myself defending both sides of the arguments, much to my surprise. Perhaps that's because of my own mixed background or perhaps it's my job as the owner of this blog to be mediator. K-Dogg, si, JJ and Jonathan have all participated in the (sometimes heated) debate and all offered different views and points. I thank you all for not having the conversation reduced to swearing and name calling. I am proud that we have kept it civil, and I daresay it gives me hope. I ask that as the debate continues you remain civil and respectful. No doubt we will bring this up again at the end of the month when we have all seen it. Until we have seen the movie for ourselves, we must remember we don't know what the movie contains; all that we know is from the opinion and views of others. In other words, hearsay. Let us make our observations 11 days from now.

Moving right along....
I woke up this morning very upset because of a dream. I don't know what the point of it was, but it really rocked me. It was about my old best friend, and in the dream we were getting along and hanging out and having fun and all that good stuff. So what's the problem? It made me remember the good things about our friendship and made me really miss it. The dream felt SO real and when I woke up I felt empty upon the realization that she's not in my life like that anymore. Most of my dreams of her in the past few months have been about us not getting along, so to have a nice dream about us has really made me mourn the loss of a great (if not troubled) friendship. I dunno, maybe there's a point to this that I'm missing.....

So after sporadic crying in the morning (because of a dumb dream) I had to clean myself up and head to a funeral. What a bonus. While I didn't know the man, he was the father of one of my long time friends, so our pack of friends got together to show her some support. That's what friends are for, afterall. I felt terrible for her, and I am disturbed by a trend in the last year or two; three of my friend's fathers have died, so I tend to get emotional at these funerals because I think: that could have been MY dad. And I have a habit of taking on someone else's pain for them; my heart ached for my friend and her family. *sigh*

On a lighter note, I had my first shift at my new job last night. I am very excited but very anxious at the same time. I am excited by the possibilities and opportunities this could bring into my life, but I am anxious because there is SO much for me to learn. It's a little overwhelming. But I had a great time and there is one co-worker who absolutely cracks me up she is so funny. At one point I said to her : Holy shit! You may *actually* be funnier than me!! Who knew the Danes were so funny??"
We had a good laugh, and I really look forward to working with her. The other girl I worked with last night was much less fun. We have an ex-boyfriend in common. GOOD FUN! Not uncomfortable at all. Eesh. Let's hope she quits soon. lol

And on this exciting night I am taking the time to chill out and clean my filthy apartment. Tomorrow night I am having my brother and his girlfriend over for dinner. I have a great time when they stop by, so I'm totally looking forward to it. I wonder what I should cook, though..... ok, chicken it is.