Friday, February 06, 2004
I almost thought it was Monday
 
Talk about a morning from hell. Started when I tried to convince my boss to let me work from home (not an unusual occurrence) since I had everything I needed for the day and there was a monster storm sweeping the city. I was shot down. All pissy because I didn't get my way I drove to work (approximately a 40 min commute in crappy weather). Once at work I sat through a meeting oozing attitude like a 12 year old, and then began to work. As I began my work I realized I had left something I needed to do the day's work at my house. There was no getting around it, I had to go back. Now pissy beyond belief I stormed out of the office and got back into my car and headed for home. I had to make a conscious effort to control my rage as my concentration was needed for the drive; cars were going in the ditch, left and right. Finally I made it home and I took a second to calm down, check my e-mail, and have a glass of water. Feeling like I had relaxed a little I got back in the car and headed back to work. The storm was worse than ever and there were 6 cars in the ditch between my house and work. Yikes.

Anyway, I eventually gave up being a drama queen and got over the morning's events. I was just severely pissed off at having wasted 2 hours in the morning driving in a friggin' storm. However, it seemed like it was the longest day of my entire life. You know the kind...when time seems to crawl. You find yourself checking your watch every few minutes only to be disappointed everytime. You begin to dream up excuses you might be able to use to get out of work early. For me it hit it's peak at 1pm when I was *convinced* it was at least 3pm. So in disbelief was I that I checked my watch against a clock in the office, thinking maybe my batteries were dying on my watch. No such luck, the day was just moving THAT slowly.

So I'm taking the night to just chill out and rest. I'm whipped and need SLEEP. I had a quick nap on the couch after work when I thought I had plans tonight, but mercifully they fell through and I couldn't be happier. I went to the grocery store, picked up a few items, and yet another lottery ticket. Yes, I know I won't win but I like to dream, and what's the harm of investing $5 in a dream?? If I win the 32.5 million dollars we'll see who'll be laughing then. You can all come with me on a trip, howzabout that? We'll take a poll as to where.

So yeah, those are my glamorous plans for the night. Watch my most beloved t.v. show Third Watch and sleeeeeeeeep.

Oh, and just for Laurie, here's a page with all of Triumph the Insult Dog's best work (including the infamous Bon Jovi concert and Star Wars geek lineup). Enjoy, and don't say I don't give you anything!!

Shabbat Shalom!