Monday, February 23, 2004
"It's been a hard day's night, and I been working like a dog"
 
Ok, I'm gonna make this a quick post because I am exhausted; worked both jobs today on 5 hours sleep, and I'm ready to drop.

A couple of other bloggers have weighed in on the debate over "The Passion of the Christ". I think Michele made me laugh the hardest, as she went from an excited self-proclaimed "former" Catholic to an angry one, wishing she could "kick Mel Gibson in the nuts". She sites marketing tasteless merchandise as her reason for change of heart and I certainly can't blame her. Check out her post. Meanwhile Ocean Guy has tackled the subject several times here, here, here and here. Also, if you didn't check out the article that si put up her page (written by the Roman Catholic bishop of San Jose) be sure to check it out here, it's really wonderful.

Also, as you may or may not know, the movie was filmed entirely in the languages of Aramaic and Latin, with English subtitles. There is an interesting article here on the Aramaic language; I highly recommend checking it out.

And here's a disturbing report about 15 swastikas and the words "Kill all Jews" found written on the walls of an apartment building in New York. Gee, why are we Jews gettin' so nervous about this movie, I wonder? lol

And let us not forget those lost in yesterday's terrorist attack in Israel; here is a webpage dedicated to keeping track of the losses Israel has incurred through this fight with terrorism: Casualties of War. Wondering what all the fuss is about? Wondering why Israel wants to build a fence? Check that page out to get a glimpse into the high cost Israel has paid for it's existence. HebrewLion discusses his confusion about the public outcry over the fence, and has some excellent points.

And that's it for me. Bedtime for bonzo. See y'all tomorrow.