Friday, February 20, 2004
a friend in need is a friend indeed
 
What do you do for someone when you have tried everything to help? Do you keep trying? Or do you give up before you lose yourself in his problems and have him drag you down too?
*sigh*

I have a good friend who is very deep trouble. He has been, off and on, for as long as I have known him. I have tried many times to help him in the past, setting him up with the people who could help him, and it has all failed. At one of his worst points I had to walk away, and we didn't speak for a year or so. He called me the other day and as we talked it was clear he is at his brink. He is asking for my help again, but I don't know what I can do that I haven't tried already. I have made calls, and I have asked for the advice of others who know better than I do. Unfortunately it is going to be up to my friend to make some tough changes and I don't know if he has it in him. I told him flat out that he is going to die if he doesn't start making some hard decisions in his life and start fighting to live instead of laying down and giving up. He said he wasn't sure if he wanted to fight anymore. I told him that was his problems and depression talking, and that he would have to deal with that too.

Did I get across to him? Will he finally make a real change, or will it be a failed attempt like all the other times? I don't know, I guess I'll have to wait and see. I'll call him tomorrow and have a talk with him.

Aside from that being on my mind, I have had an okay day. I have been talking to someone by the name of "Lord Blade" online and have started a nice friendship. This makes me happy. And I have had a nice relaxing evening at home. I accidentally had me a looong nap after work, so I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my evening. I just watched my beloved show, Third Watch and maybe now I'll pop in a movie or something. Or maybe go for a walk, I feel like getting out of the house.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. ;-)