Friday, December 26, 2003
a little good and a little bad = life.
 
Ok, I will start by acknowledging the tragedy in Israel yesterday, and then I wish to finish this post on a positive note. I refused to let terrorism be in a post of mine on Christmas Day; they would not ruin a wonderful day with my family. But I will also not let it go without it being brought to everyone's attention. While some of us were celebrating Christmas and Chanukah with our family and friends, a Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up at a bustop near Tel Aviv, killing four people (ages 19 - 21) and wounding more than 20 (please remember that wounding doesn't mean a scratch, it can mean a limb lost or shrapnel such as bolts and nails, a favourite tactic of bombers, for maximum damage). I was late for dinner with my family as I had to get online to find out if everyone I love in Israel is safe and sound. What can I say? It took away from my day, and for that I am angry. There is little else I can add to this, in terms of comments; it isn't the first time and it won't be the last. I guess I should be grateful he didn't manage to get on the bus like he attempted to. Last night I lit my Chanukah candle for those lives lost. Tonight I will do the same.

Moving right along, I am into basking in the afterglow of the festivities now; I am taking some quiet time to read, relax, and do whatever I want. I got another cute little present from Princess Blondie for Chanukah. Bless her keeping this up for 8 days, she must be happy we're nearing the end. lol. Today she left me mints again, only this time they say Mazel Tov. Yes, Mazel Tov indeed... for having survived these holidays!! lol
I also went up to the cemetery to see my friend Shane, and lit a candle for him. It was nice, I like to stop by as often as I can.
And now I am unwinding and reading a book I got yesterday, and I am LOVING it. Lovin' it, lovin' it. It's by Irshad Manji and it's called The Trouble with Islam : A Wake-up Call for Honesty and Change, and I highly recommend it. Be sure to check out her site for more information: Muslim Refusenik. She deals openly and honestly about Islam and it's troubles, and challenges the beliefs she was raised with (much to the anger of many a Muslim). A fantastic and eye opening read. I haven't been able to put it down, and I'm sure I'll have it read by the end of the weekend.

As a nice surprise, Lucky dropped by to see me, since he was passing through the area. I was happy to see him AND his adorable dog, Madra. She's a bullmastiff, and is only 10 months old (but let's make no mistake here, that makes her bigger than most dogs. lol). He didn't get to stay long though, so now I'm in a bit of a pout. :-( His puppy-girl was tired of being on the road and wanted to go home. I think we all know what that's like. :-)

What about everyone else? How has the holiday stress been treating you? I hope you have all to recovered and have begun making plans for New Year's Eve. And what about resolutions? What have you guys decided on for resolutions?

(an end note: it has come to my attention that someone had found my page by typing "I am stewing in my hatred for you" into Google. Disturbingly, I am ranked 10th for that result, though I take great solice in the fact that another blog I read, A Small Victory, was ranked number 7. Hahaha!! Of course this begs the obvious question...just what was this person looking for and why?? THAT is the troubling part. I'm sorry to hear you're stewing, my friend; you must learn to let go. It's not good to stew. :-)