Monday, December 22, 2003
neighbourly hijinx
 
I know I know, you're all probably sick and tired of hearing about how wonderful my neighbours are. *snore* Well maybe if they weren't so darn nice to me this wouldn't be such an issue for you, my audience. The fact of the matter is I have Princess Blondie and Bruno "the big Italian Chanukah fairy" living across the hall from me, so I have been showered in love and gifts. This morning I put my face right up to the crack of their door and in a low demonic voice, asked if they were awake yet (it was around 8:15am. heh). Princess Blondie opens the door to find me standing there (with my friend visiting from out of town) as I was heading out to work. "Hold on a sec!!" she says as she shuts the door to retrieve my present. She and Bruno feverishly gathered up my present and then she opened up the door again to present me with a beautiful cookie jar. *grin* You see, everytime I go over to their place I stick my hand in their cookie jar and fish out some cookies. Now I have a jar of my own! Hurray! Thank you again guys, you have been making my day with all this thoughtfulness. ((hugs))

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I met up with "the girls" to do a present exchange at the Golden Griddle. A little breakfast and a little fun to start off the day. Amusingly, we were all absolutely exhausted from being up the night before together at our gathering, and could barely keep our eyes open. I scored nicely, as both my friends gave me awesome dvds; Pirates of the Caribbean and Fight Club. Wheee!! I am so excited!
After that my old chum came in from out of town and we dropped her boyfriend off at the airport and then we went to my parents place for dinner. We were both pretty tired so we went back to my place and went to bed *really* early. I was in bed by 9:50pm, and that's only coz I made myself stay up that late. I was ready for bed hours before that.

Anyway, today is a new day. The temperatures here in Toronto are going to reach an incredible 6C (42.8F) which I guess is kinda nice, but there is NO SNOW here!! Damnit, where's my snow???? *pout* I like dee snow. }:-)
When I checked the news this morning I saw that the American government has raised the terrorist alert to "orange". This annoyed me on behalf of the American population. I just don't understand why they do this all the time...every holiday they scare the general public by saying something *might* happen, and that everyone should be aware. What the hell are you supposed to do with that kind of information?? Is that just to cover their asses so that if something *does* happen they can say they warned you?? (coz as time marches on, it's come to light that they knew of a possible threat of hijackers before 9/11, but nobody said anything. so is this there way of saying something just in case?) I dunno what to say anymore. I guess we cross our fingers, hope everything turns out okay, and keep our eyes open. But try not to let it ruin your holidays...these are special times. :-) When I light my fourth candle tonight, I will send "stay safe vibes" to all my American buddies, south of the border. And just remember, Israel thwarts suicide bombers nearly everyday. Be thankful. That was the 40th suicide bomber stopped since the bombing on October 4th.