Tuesday, February 22, 2005
another quake
 
Just before I went to bed last night I checked the news on CNN.com and read that there had been an earthquake in Iran. At that point reports seemed to indicate that despite the fact that it was a fairly strong earthquake, casualties were 'relatively' low (at that time I think it was 30 dead). I thought back to the earthquake they had a year ago and how I said on my blog that I thought there would be more to come (and there has been...Israel, Turkey, Iran, Southeast Asia, etc..). However I felt that compared to last year's earthquake, Iran had been lucky ("only" 30 dead). Then I checked the news when I woke up this morning and I saw that the reports show much more devastation than first reported. Almost 300 dead, 1000 wounded. My heart goes out to those affected...