Saturday, October 30, 2004
wait...let me grab a kleenex...
 
Well, just as I figured, speculation has it that Arafat has leukemia. Awwww. Having watched firsthand as someone close to me died of it, I can assure you...he has a long miserable road to death ahead of him. At one point in my life I would have said that I would never wish that death on my worst enemy; seems I have become cynical and bitter as I age, for I think this demise befits a man who has sought the destruction of the Jewish people. I have said it before and I will say it again... karma is a mean and unforgiving mistress. You never know when she will pay you a visit. And always remember the age old lesson: You reap what you sow.

Of course, people are already jockeying for power, readying to take Arafat's place. According to CNN, Palestinian officials are admitting that the Arafat era is over. Altogether now: hallelujah! What will happen next remains to be seen. This is a golden opportunity...I hope the Palestinians don't fuck it up.

As for me, I am enjoying a quiet Saturday morning. It's strange and foggy outside, but the temperature is supposed to get unseasonably warm later. I have spent the week in the company of a variety of friends, some staying over Wednesday night, and one staying over Thursday night. Last night I was with Princess Blondie and her fiance Bruno, having dinner at their place and watching Survivor (that I taped the night before). It's been a nice week. In an hour or so I am going with my mom to see the controversial movie Birth, with Nicole Kidman. I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about (might have something to do with her being naked in a tub with a ten year old boy, but that's just a guess). After that...we'll see. And I've been invited to a Halloween party tonight, but I don't have a costume. Anybody got any ideas for me? I need would need a quick and easy last minute idea, which I quite obviously lack. Let me know if you have an idea for me.... help the creatively impaired, won't you??

Oh and one more thing..... had my visit from my nurse this morning and she has decided I've healed enough now that she's gonna come every other day now instead of daily (just to check on how it's healing, no more dressing changes). So by this time next week I should be finished with the nurse visits and feeling as good as new! YAY!!!!