Sunday, October 24, 2004
help!
 
So it goes like this..... I was on a really cool website for a scary new movie coming out called "Saw". It's a very media intensive (ie: Flash) website with all kinds of clever art and interactive menus. Oh, and it's scary. Anyway, at some point while plenty of flashy things are going on, my mouse froze. Annoying, but hey, shit like this happens. I figured my cordless mouse was begging for new batteries (it doesn't always give me a lot of notice when it decides it does). So I stole the batteries out of a brand new remote control, but it didn't help. Very odd. I went out and bought batteries. No help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse, with no luck (and anyone who has navigated a computer with only keystrokes and no mouse knows what a slow and frustrating experience this is).

But the strangest thing about all this is that for the 10 times or so that I have rebooted, the little arrow cursor has remained frozen in the middle of the screen!!!!!!!! I kid you not, the little bastard is there even when I uninstall the mouse and reboot with NO mouse connected!! WTF?? Somebody please tell me if you have had this happen before and how it was fixed (for the record I'm using WinMe and a Logitech Cordless Mouse). I can't keep navigating like this!!! ARRGGHHHHH!!

UPDATE: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've tried a different mouse now and it's still fucked. I am very very grumpy. However, I will not give in to my grumpiness and spend money on a new computer when I cannot possibly afford one. I will calm down and troubleshoot until I fix it. Oh yes I will. *grrr*

UPDATE 2: siduhgisutnguyp;owenmbprjtuhe!!!!!!!!!!!!**%$@!
Yeah well, my computer is being a complete bastard now, and I can't seem to run a system restore. Everytime I try it chokes and I have to do the ole "ctrl+alt+del" to get it to stop since it's not responding anyway. Very nice. And can I tell ya? Navigating my computer by keyboard is REALLY starting to get on my nerves.