Wednesday, May 12, 2004
What a wonderful world
 
I once again don't have a lot of time to write....I'm up early to take my grandma to her follow up appointment this morning. Her surgery went well, we just need to check in with the doctor today.

I just wanted to share my anger and disgust about the disturbing new trend in Arab terrorist groups. The trend being, videotaping their heinous acts and sharing them with the world.

Tuesday morning in Israel, 6 Israeli soldiers were killed when terrorists detonated a mine under their vehicle in an explosion so massive their body parts were spread over a 300 metre (984 foot) radius. Footage has been released of terrorists holding up a collection of body parts they found while dancing and shouting in glee. Both Hamas and Islamic Jihad are claiming responsibility for the incident, fighting for the "glory" of such a 'successful' attack. Israel is involved in heavy operations in Gaza now, in an effort to retrieve the body parts of it's fallen soldiers. Apparently even Egypt is pressuring the Palestinians to give back the body parts before this turns really ugly. I think it's a little late for that...

This was all quickly overshadowed when footage was released of Nicholas Berg, an American captured in Iraq and beheaded on videotape. Once again, the video was released in an effort to make an example of him. My heart goes out to his family, I hope they never see the videotape.

Frankly, I am so sick to my stomach over these matters I'm not sure what to say. I have kept my thoughts to myself about the war on Iraq, but I am finding that to be an increasingly difficult task. Part of the problem is that I can see the case for either side of the issue very well, and agree with points on both sides of the debate. But I think we can all agree that the damage caused by those American soldiers abusing the Iraqi soldiers will continue to be felt.....