Thursday, May 13, 2004
screw it
 
Alright, I'll be honest...I just don't have it in me to rewrite that post again. I've had a long and emotional day, and that post was hard enough to write the first time. I had talked about what was going on in Israel and I had talked about the beheading of Nicholas Berg, an American Jew. But I just don't have the heart to write it again.
Yes, I have seen the footage of the beheading, and let me just say this....I have seen lots of gore in my time, lots of horrifying pictures and footage....but never have I actually had to fight to keep my stomach under control as I did while watching that poor man lose his life. I wanted to see just what an extremist is capable when rage and hate dwells in his heart, and by God I did. And it scared me to death and brought tears to my eyes. I hope Nicholas' soul rests now and my heart goes out to his family. I cannot possibly imagine their grief. And mark my words folks.....this is just the start of bigger things. Call me a pessimist, but there are billions of Muslims in the word...and if just a small percentage of them subscribe to these same beliefs, we're in deep trouble.

I am now going to try and let go of the days events. Work was stressful for a bunch of reasons that I don't care to bore you with. And on a personal level I have had a ghost from my past come back to haunt me. I'm not sure what to make of it or do about it...I just don't know. Sometimes things seem like *such* a good idea at the time, and other things are best left behind. Which is this? Can friendships be resurrected? I doubt it...not this time.

Anyway, I am going over to Princess Blondie's in a few minutes to watch the last Survivor, and so help me, Rupert had better get the second million dollar prize.
see ya all tomorrow...