Wednesday, April 21, 2004
spring has sprung
 
And how do I know spring has sprung? Because the birds have been waking me up as early as 4:48am, that's how. God help me, I hope they find a mate quickly and shut the hell up, I don't sleep well with earplugs. Stay tuned, you'll hear me bitch more and more about this as spring progresses. They get *quite* loud at very early hours. Mercifully they put a cork in it once they find a mate and get on with the business of making babies; wouldn't want to give away the location of the nest afterall. However, in a nice turn of spring events I took a picture of some wildflowers just outside my apartment this morning. I have no idea what kind they are, I was just happy to see them. Purty, hunh? :-)

Exciting!! I just got invited to sign up for the beta version of Google's new e-mail system, Gmail!!! Wheeeee!!! I know, I know, I've heard some scary things about it, but I don't care. I doubt I'll be writing anything of dire importance using this e-mail anyway. Hurray!! I'm so excited for some reason...perhaps because I got the name I wanted since so few people (relative to say, Hotmail) have an account yet. Still some good names left. celestialblue (at) Gmail.com for me! Anyone else who uses Blogger should have gotten a notice too... check out your sign-in page after you've logged in.
Speaking of Blogger users, K-Dogg has defected over to Blogdrive; check out his fancy shmancy new blog.

Also, I'd like everyone to know that I am in love with Triple Berry Cheerios and think that you all should try it. It has strawberries, blueberries AND raspberries. I'm in heaven with each and every spoonful in the morning. Apparently they have come out with a banana and strawberry version but I'm not so sure I want to try that one. The Banana Corn Flakes were disgusting and put me off the concept of freeze dried bananas in cereal. We'll see, I'm a sucker for marketing and will likely try it anyway. lol Have I mentioned my love affair with cereal? I love it so.

My Hebrew class went very well last night and all is right in my world again. I knew this was the case when I caught myself singing at the top of my lungs and bopping along to some music in my car on the way home from class. While this is not unusual behaviour in my car, I did notice that it had a certain energy to it. It was obvious that I was riding a high that comes from doing something you love. I am glad to be back in class and learning what *I* want to learn.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention the stupid hockey playoffs. For those of us who couldn't give a rat's ass about it, it's annoying as all shit. I was forced to put in earplugs when going to bed last night in order to drown out the sounds of hockey morons honking their horns while driving up and down Yonge Street (the main drag/street here in Toronto that runs up past the city centre and into the northern area where I am). The Toronto Maple Leafs moved on to the next round of the playoffs and the whole town was gonna know about it. And while I am mildly annoyed with the grammatical error right in the NAME of the team (the plural for leaf is "leaves", folks. not "leafs") I am secretly enjoying the fact that we squashed the Ottawa Senators in order to move on to the next round (for those who need a little more info, Ottawa is out nations capital). There has been a long-standing rivalry and for a moment I enjoyed the fact that we beat them. I'm not sure what it is with Canadians and hockey...but the stereotype is alive and well at the moment in Toronto. Next, it's Philadelphia tomorrow night. Go Leafs Go!

Oh, and I'd like to point out that I had one friggin' scary dream about a tornado last night and woke up to find out that Illinois has been ravaged by a tornado, and other States are on tornado watch for the day. My mother, currently in Chicago, was not impressed by the tornado a mere 90 miles (145 km) away. She can't wait to come home. lol (talking to my friend on the phone at this moment and he suggested that my mother take shelter in a Wal-Mart saying: "those things are built like forts!!". I laughed till I choked. I love my friend, Phil.)

And lastly, I'd like to say hi to the person who found my page by typing in "I am your Grandma" into the Yahoo search engine. Once again, I'd love to know what the person was thinking.