Tuesday, April 20, 2004
a new day
 
Okay, I think it's time for a nice light post about random stuff in my life since yesterday's post was a little heavy.

First of all, I'm happy to report that after 2+ weeks I have finally done some laundry. I was forced to give in after having to wear socks that kept falling down, all day yesterday. I have now learned that it's one of my greatest peeves (socks that don't stay up) and that it's a fantastic motivator for doing laundry. I am a much happier camper today, my socks are staying up. Sounds dumb, but if one is not comfortable, one cannot focus on things like work (good lord, did I just blame my socks for my lack of accomplishment at work??).

Last night I went to my friend's screening of her movie (she goes to York University and is a film student there). I must say, I was very impressed! I had to sit through the rest of the student's films too...some were good, some were excrutiating. I'm wondering if I just lack a general appreciatation for the arts.

I have had two dreams (more like nightmares) involving the friend I started writing that letter to on Saturday. I think I better hurry up and finish it before I have a nervous breakdown.

After talking to another woman in my class (who in turn spoke to the teacher) I am starting back into my Hebrew class tonight. I have mixed feelings about this, as I feel things are going to be above my head and I will feel discouraged. On top of that, thanks to my pout over this whole fiasco, I haven't touched any of my Hebrew studies for a month and I fear I have forgotten a lot of it. In fact I had a dream a few weeks ago that I couldn't even write out the alphabet. Now I feel overwhelmed and won't even touch my homework, basically pulling an ostrich move over it. Anyway, I have brought my homework with me to work today and am hoping to get a grip on myself and go over some of my work before class tonight. I would really like to rekindle that fire in my life, because I truly loved the class and learning the language. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lastly, no one has offered one single opinion either way on whether or not I should keep the tagboard. Thanks for nothing, you rotten punks! Also, I put up some more pictures on my photoblog "Captured Dreams". Feel free to check them out. It includes a pic of the lovely flowers my neighbour Princess Blondie gave me on Sunday coz I was sick. She's just the sweetest thing ever! And of course, there are pics of Princess Blondie's puppy, Carmella, because that pup is just so darn cute. In turn I have posted a pic here that Princess Blondie took of me last week; she caught me on the way out the door to work. Yup, that's me outside my apartment (I'm numbah one! I'm numbah ONE!!).