Saturday, April 17, 2004
"holy shit!"
 
Okay, I tried to leave it alone and not blog about this until tomorrow in an attempt to spend a day away from Israeli news... but I can't. It seems that Israeli Defense Forces have killed Abdel Aziz Rantisi, the newest leader of the terrorist group Hamas. For those not in the know or need a refresher, he replaced the founding leader, Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was assassinated by Israeli forces last month. I, like many, was skeptical it would help, but after they have now killed his replacement too, I ask you this: would YOU wanna be next in line? You want the glory of stepping up to bat and maybe dying? Ah, who am I kidding, these are terrorists who live to promote terror and thirst for the notoriety of being a martyr.

And before I hear any outcry that targeted killings are wrong I'd like it to be noted that this assassination came on the heels of yet ANOTHER suicide bomber who set himself off Saturday afternoon, killing one and wounding three others. Israel has said it before and is saying it again: Arafat, if you won't reign in the terror, we'll do it for you.

I can't believe this all happened in the two hours I spent trying to write a letter and clean my apartment for guests. See what happens when I stop monitoring the news for just a second!?!? Hat tip to Allison...I heard it on her blog first.