Friday, April 09, 2004
Pesach and Easter
 
First of all, I'd like to wish a Happy Easter, to those celebrating. It has always been a good holiday for me and I hope you all have happy celebrations and feasts with your families. Best wishes to you and yours!

My friend's seder on Tuesday night was fun; a great way to celebrate the second night of Passover. I love the food, the singing, and the activities. A wonderful celebration if shared with the right people.

Last night was packed with time spent with friends and family. I went out to dinner straight after work with a friend I haven't seen in weeks; she's been busy in school and finally got a break. Then I raced home to catch Survivor with Princess Blondie and Bruno over in their apartment across the hall. When that ended there was a buzz at her door and it was my DAD surprising me with a visit, and we went out to see a movie. Apparently my mom didn't feel like "coming out to play" after work and he did, so we spent some time together. It was really nice. We went and saw Starsky & Hutch and then had a coffee afterwards. The movie wasn't bad, so long as you don't expect too much from it. It's good for some laughs, but don't think you're going to get some great and deep plotline. Just some dumb fun, exactly what we wanted. :-)

Today I went over to another friend's house to have her look over my taxes again; I'm starting to get some scary letters in the mail. LOL. So she told me what they meant (my ignorance on such matters meant I had no clue what some of the SIX letters were about) and told me what to mail off to Revenue Canada to get them off my back. After that we sat and talked and had a truly nice visit. It was a great way to start off my day.
Then I stopped by my parents home to help my mom get online and set up her new computer. *yAWn* Then it was on to Blockbuster to rent a bunch of movies to hole up in my apartment with this weekend.

I'm not sure why I'm in this weird mood, but I'm feeling a bit anti-social this weekend. I had a nap this afternoon (it was hard work visiting my friend and then my mom today. LOL) and now I just feel like vegging all night and not doing much. I just feel like being alone, ya know? And my mom called me to tell me that my grandmother has gone to the hospital with chest pains. My grandma doesn't have the best of hearts and has long suspected she may have had mild heart attacks here and there. Today she's apparently had enough pain to warrant a trip to the emergency room, so my (83 year old!) grandma drove herself to the hospital. My mom and dad are on their way up north (she lives 2 hours away) to go be with her. I think she may have over done it a bit with Easter dinner preparations; the family is getting together on Sunday, and she's putting on a feast. I told my mom to get her ass up there to go take that stress off her because she's the type to fuss over the dinner when she should be focusing on herself. I hope everything is ok, my grandma means the world to me......

And that's about it. Hope that wasn't too boring for you all. :-) What are you guys doing this weekend?