Tuesday, March 30, 2004
Tight Bite
 
First of all, let me just say that I was singing the song "Hey Ya" in my head a moment ago and decided I should turn on the radio....and that was what was playing when I turned it on. Weird.

Anyway, I am alive despite not posting for two days. Frankly, I just didn't have much to say, and didn't want to force myself to write some boring drivel to post just for the sake of posting. Don't post unless you feel moved to, people!
Actually, I don't have that much more to say now either, I'm just in a good mood. Could it be because I'm getting my new car today??? (*tail wag*) Things are already running amok as I forgot some of the paperwork I need back at my house, making it difficult to finalize the arrangements with my insurance company and the dealership (oops! you need a blank cheque? d'oh!). Whatever, I'll do anything to get this done today....I want the car OH so badly!! Mmmm..shiny...blue..
Maybe I'll drive home at lunch and get the stuff I need (a pain in the ass of the most gigantic proportions...an hour, round trip in the pouring rain).

Yesterday I went to the dentist to get some fillings. If only you folks could sit in on a session at the dentist with me...it's a joy ride. For instance, at one point, I launched into such a huge giggling fit that the dentist had to stop drilling because I was jiggling my gaping mouth too much. A short time later I was threatening to murder him (yes, I actually reached for his throat) as he was yanking out a wedge he had stuck in between my teeth to separate them (it got a little glued in there and hurt like a sonofabitch when he pulled it out). I slapped his hand away and told him I didn't love him anymore. When it was all over we were friends again, though I did NOT enjoy the frozen mouth sensation for the many hours that followed. I even tried a nap, but still woke up frozen. Now I just gotta get used to the feeling in my mouth..things feel a little funny in there.

This morning I have finally caught up on all my blog reading; I was way, way behind. Not much to report in the news these days, which I take as an extremely good sign. But let it be known that Madonna has decided to grace Israel with her presence this fall and will will be putting on two concerts in Tel Aviv. Like her or hate her, I'm just happy such a big-name star is putting on a show there. It says a lot, including the fact that it's a safe place to go and perform. Good for her, Israel needs this kind of boost. Guess her strange love affair with the Kabbalah has really paid off.

Other than that, not much else to report. Last night I met up with a nice guy; he's been in Canada for three years...moved here from Iran. Yes, a Jew and an Iranian hanging out! Imagine that.. and I think we'll be great friends. We played some pool, ate some food, and he let me ask him a thousand questions about his life, his family and his homeland. *Very* interesting!

And now..I am trying to make myself a cd with some happy music to play in my new car. I need some suggestions for happy songs (like Hey Ya!) to welcome my new car. :-D What songs make you want to get up and dance or sing outloud?

(also, I just answered the phone here at work and when the person on the phone asked for a guy I work with I said "one sex, please" instead of "one sec(ond), please" when I put him on hold. Smooth move!)