Monday, November 24, 2003
King Henry's Arms
 
Ya know what? Sometimes I'm just silly.
I just went out with my friend Melra and had a friggin' wicked time, making me wonder...what the hell am I ranting about with the 'I don't have a best friend'? Ok, like, I don't call her my best friend because I'm 'best friend scared' at the moment (and frankly I don't want to scare her off with a title like that. lol), but damn if she doesn't fit the profile for this past year. We've grown extremely close (we've been friends off and on since highschool, a period of time that now seems like a lifetime ago) and she is just the best person to rant and rave to. We get together under the pretense of coffee, but really we're just picking a spot to get together to talk for like, 3 or 4 hours.

Tonight I unloaded and bitched about my recent family woes. I am not exactly in my family's good grace right now, and probably really haven't been for a long time (and who knows if I ever will be again). So this is depressing me a bit coz if you don't have your family, who do you have? So it's crap like this that gets to me and makes me want to do something nutty like move to another country knowing full well I could never possibly "make it" (I have a nice apartment and car now, but sometimes money can be tight).
Anyway, I got to rant to Melra and then she got to rant a bit back, and we swapped stories, and then I walked out of that pub feeling like I was ten feet tall and bullet proof. I love it. I love what a good friend can do for you, ya know?
I have had some really good friends come to the forefront lately (like Melra and Princess Blondie) and it's made me believe in friendships again, at a time when I'm feeling like no one can be trusted. LOL

Hurray for friends. Now I'm happy again. :-D
Sometimes we just gotta look at what we have, not what we don't have.....