Saturday, November 08, 2003
happy days
 
Feeling pretty good today. I had an AWESOME time last night. I had my brother and his girlfriend over for dinner, and we had a fabulous time. I made a pretty darn good dinner, and we ate, laughed and chatted the night away. I must say I am pleasantly surprised at how very much I enjoyed it. It was great. *grin*
We finished the night by gathering around my computer and watching some Homestar Runner cartoons and laughing our asses off. I highly recommend you check them out.

Now then, on a completely unrelated note I want to mention the t.v. show "Cops". I was watching an episode the other night and was amazed at how ridiculous this episode was, yet was made out to be the coolest ever. When I first flipped to the channel I could tell that the cops had set up some kind of sting operation, usually involving a cop in a motel room posing to be a drug dealer, or a lady cop pretending to be a hooker. Cool shit, right? They just spend all night reeling in drug addicts and desperate "johns" looking to get laid (yeah, real cool THAT is. *sigh*). However, in this particular instance the sting involved the cops leaving a BICYCLE out and waiting for people to steal it. No lie folks, and they were taking it just a *tad* too seriously. They would prop this damn bicycle (a nice one, of course) up against a wall and hang back and wait for some fool to come along and nab it. Then the lead cop would radio all the other cops when the bait was taken and they'd all go running in, sometimes with GUNS DRAWN, and tackle the poor sap for stealing the bike. I could not BELIEVE I was watching this. Are they for real?? All this over a BIKE?? Well thank god they are putting away those hardened criminals and getting them off the streets before more bikes are stolen. lol.
What gripping episode of cops. Thank GOD they are there to protect us; I felt safer knowing someone is looking out for my bike.
Am I the only one that sees how absurd this is? Aren't there some real criminals out there that they could be chasing??