Sunday, October 19, 2003
toys toys toys
 
What a fantastic day. Good friends, good times. What more can I ask for?
I was out the door by 7am and on the road to the toy show with my best friends. We all had coffees in our hands, laughs in our bellies and we actually all broke out into song at one point; now there's something you don't see too often among friends anymore! haha... Spontaneous singing is always good. Coffee and early morning enthusiasm always helps.

Anyway, the first stop was the toy show. It was most excellent!!! And it was HUGE!! Toys toys everywhere.. I got myself a couple of Heroclix. I don't know what it is about little mini toys, but I love 'em! I got Green Arrow and Hawkman. They go with my Hulk, Johnny Storm and Changeling. Now I have a few heroes to keep by my monitor to watch over me. :-)

Then we went to the comic show. It was a much smaller show, but that's where I scored my toy of the day. I got myself the most awesome G-Force figure ever (G-Force is also known as Gatchaman, or Battle of the Planets). It's made by Takara, and it's the team leader, Mark. Check it out. Eeeek!!! I love it so! I could go on and on about all the features of the toy, but I won't bother you with that. I'm sure most of you are rolling your eyes at this point anyway. Just take my word for it when I say it made me a very happy woman today.

So that's it.....a day spent catering to the kid in me and having a great time with my guys. *sigh* Life is good.

Tomorrow I have an old friend of mine coming in to town to spend a day with me, so blogging will be light. We've been friends for 20 years! So we're gonna likely spend most of the time talking and catching up. Isn't it amazing how you can get together with an old friend you haven't seen in years, and just pick up where you left off? I love that.... our lives have gone off on completely separate paths, yet we can still get together and talk like we always have. *grin*
That, my friends, is what true friendship is all about.