Sunday, October 19, 2003
the inner child
 
One might ask what I'm doing getting up at 6am on a Sunday; it's the weekend, I should be sleeping in, right?
Well, here's a little secret about me: I'm a she-geek. That's right, call it what you will...geek, nerd, whatever...that's me. I like toys and comics and I don't care who knows it. In fact, I once worked in comic book shop. That's right I was the coolest chick around, damnit!!
Anyway, that being said I have gotten up at this ungodly hour to go to a toy show and then to a separate comic show with three of my man-geek friends. Only for these boys will I get up this early and face the certain stench of a nerds who will never get girlfriends, for the need to shower is somehow optional to them. Many of these boys only ever leave the comforts of their momma's basement in order to gather with other like-minded nerds to swap comics and debate whether the Hulk could beat Superman in a brawl.
Let my geekerific day begin!