Friday, July 28, 2006
Hanging By A Moment
 
Well, I *was* having a good day until I read about this.
Now I'm just sad.... deeply deeply sad.
Is this how it's going to be now? Is this a sign of things to come?

It reminds me of the Hebrew lessons I used to take a few years back and how our classroom (in the Jewish centre I went to) was the only office in the building that had cameras outside the office door and an intercom to get in. I recall how depressing it was when the teacher explained to the class that we must always be careful. Be wary. That there are always going to be people who want to hurt us and that we must always be mindful of that. No matter where we live.

One time I was walking with my Hebrew teacher down the street when a group of kids in an SUV drove by and yelled anti-semetic remarks at us as they drove by and I remember how horrible it made me feel. How angry. And now I wonder..... can I expect more of that to come?

How sad is it that I'm thankful I'm working two weeks straight so that I don't have time to sit glued in front of the tv to watch all this unfold? I can't anymore, I just can't. It saps me of hope.

Shabbat Shalom.