Sunday, July 16, 2006
I close my eyes, but still I see...
 
I had a long day of traveling, plane catching and driving to get to Pennsylvania today for a week of training for work. When I finally got into my hotel room my phone rang almost immediately and my mom told me I should probably turn on the news if I hadn't already.

I have been glued to the news for the last hour and all I can do is shake my head and read all the Israeli blogs I can to make sure everyone is ok. A co-worker came by my room and sat on the couch watching a bit of the news and started saying a few things about the situation that started getting me riled up and I said something to the effect of "I don't think you want to go there with me, you really don't.". It was a warning to back off and thankfully she took it and backed off. I was just too tired and not in the mood to educate the ignorant.

I don't even know what to say about it all anymore. More than anything I guess I've mellowed from mad to just plain sad.

I want this to stop. I want Israel to get her soldiers back and Hizbollah to go away so that Israel can stop. I want Lebanon to have a chance to rebuild and not have its country hijacked by terrorists who drag them into wars and hide like dirty cowards among Lebanese citizens. I just want peace damnit.

Dare to dream.