Thursday, February 16, 2006
"American cuisine makes me green" - me
 
Well, I am typing this on my laptop whilst I wait at the airport to catch my flight. Not surprisingly the weather was quite cold all week until today, when I am leaving. Now it's sunny and warm and we're all walking around in t-shirts. *sigh* Well, I always have Texas to look forward to at the end of the month.

I was going to post some pictures I took but I'm far too lazy to upload them and edit them while sitting in an airport; it will have to wait until tomorrow. For now, let me tell you about my new most favourite food that I found here in the States......

Dippin' Dots.

Tuesday night I was in my hotel room when I watched a whole special on tv about ice cream. It talked about everything from Ben and Jerry's (with my fav being Chunky Monkey, of course) to this new ice cream I had never heard of, Dippin' Dots. Dippin' Dots looks like those little styrofoam balls, but made of ice cream instead. After watching the tv show I was on a quest to locate this fantastic "Ice cream of the Future".

Luckily the co-worker I have been paired with this week was extremely accommodating and took me to a mall that had a Dippin' Dots location. I had me the banana split, which had strawberry dots, banana dots and chocolate dots. It. was. *amazing*. Very very cold to eat for some reason (and I mean, colder than usual ice cream) and had a really cool texture to it. I'm going to guess it's that cold because it has to be kept on dry ice, not your usual freezer in order to maintain it's dottiness. *shrug*

Anyway, that's my big exciting Florida story. I have seen lots of birds, sand and salt water but no gators. Drat. Maybe next time...
The weather back home is supposed to be horrible so I'm not exactly looking forward to the rough ride home. If you don't hear from me again remember that I love you all. hahaha....
*ahem*