Wednesday, February 08, 2006
last night in New York state
 
Let me just say this, and I mean it..... I had the best meal of my LIFE last night. So happy was I, that I told the manager (twice) the waitress (more times than I can count) and I made the waitress tell the chef, just how yummy the meal was. AND I wrote a note on the paper on the table outlining just how deeply happy the food made me. I have never had one meal make me so happy that I became a grinning fool.

The restaurant was Biaggis in Rochester New York, and the meal of choice was a "Savory meat filled ravioli tossed in a brown butter / sage sauce with toasted pine nuts, tomatoes and fresh spinach". For dessert I had the creme brulee, always a favourite of mine. The ravioli was beyond delicious and was the absolute *perfect* portion size; it was enough to fill me up, but not uncomfortably so. I felt satiated without feeling bloated or stuffed. The dessert was the perfect ending to the perfect meal and I was positively brimming with joy. I know I sounded completely silly, but I couldn't stop raving about how good my dinner was and the waitress just laughed and thanked me for making her day (and I in turn thanked her for making mine). I told the manager that his restaurant and crew were amazing and to keep up the good work.

*sigh*

Just reliving it is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

My joy continued today as I managed to make a pitstop to Wegmans in order to do a little food shopping; my shopping of choice when in the States. As many of you know, I am a connoisseur of cereal and so my main purchase of this trip, no big surprise, was cereal (more boxes than I care to admit to). I mean sure, in Canada we have Lucky Charms but we don't have chocolate Lucky Charms or Berry Lucky Charms!!! One of each please! I also picked up a few food requests from a friend of mine who shares the same love of cereal (and other hard-to-find food items) as I do. I can't wait to cross the border with 6 boxes of cereal in my car, two boxes of cookies and 4 giant bottles of pop. That should make for an interesting conversation with the border guard.

All in all it has been a great week here in New York. My co-workers and training has been fabulous and I am feeling really great about my new job. I am anxious to get as much training under my belt as I can so that I can get ready to start into the really hard work (store set ups) next month.

I also got a call from the people at the apartment complex I am looking to move in with and am told there is an apartment available for me on April 1st, right on schedule. I am going to check it out on Friday to make sure I like it (it's only on the second floor, I was hoping for something higher up) and if it's a go I will begin the process of packing up and moving. Yeeha!!!

Tomorrow I will be with the district manager for this area until about noon and then I am heading back up to Canada (with a pitstop at a store I need to speak with and take photos of). In other words, I will be home in time for Survivor. hahaha.... very important, ya know!
See you all when I get back.

P.S. yes, the snow did eventually come.. in fact, it hasn't much stopped. Why can't I get this snow back home??