Thursday, January 26, 2006
Hamas
 
Just a moment ago I clicked on CNN.com and splashed all over the front page is the headline: "Hamas claims election victory". I gasped and my hand immediately clamped over my mouth.
I. can't. believe it. And I thought the Canadian elections results were bad news! :-/

You folks DO understand that a terrorist organization just won the Palestinian elections, right? Terrorists will be running the Palestinian government.

Oh wait... wait.
That's really no different than before.

Ok, but seriously, let me spell this out. This means that a group that has openly laid claim on countless attacks (often suicide bombers) killing hundreds of Israelis, has just won the election. And that means that Israel will now have to negotiate with terrorists if they want peace. It looks a LOT like the terrorists have won and taken a big step towards proving that terrorism works, doesn't it?