Sunday, January 09, 2005
a law against skinny models??
 
Check this out! There is a proposed Israeli law that would prevent models from being underweight! "They've introduced a bill to the Knesset [parliament] requiring that models undergo health examinations, and have their BMI (body mass index) checked before entering the modeling profession. It's apparently the first bill of its kind in the world." Yeah, no kidding...I can't imagine anyone else daring to suggest such a law. Personally I think it's *brilliant* though I can't see it actually taking root worldwide. I would love to see this happen...come on Israel! Blaze a trail!!

As for me, I'm blazing my own trail. Oh yeah... you heard me. Between getting back into Hebrew class last week (for the first time in months) and three months in the gym under my belt I am a force to be reckoned with! Booyah!! Ok, so maybe I'm not quite blazing a trail, but I am feeling pretty good about these things. My long absence from Hebrew class is making it difficult to recapture what I had learned earlier, but I dug myself into that hole by not practicing so I'll have to dig myself back out. And this gym thing has been awesome! I have reached a point in my workouts where they actually feel good and I don't hate every minute of it. LOL. And talk about 'Hulking out'.... I got me a whole whack of muscles now that I can safely say have never been this big. I've put on weight which as actually good for me, and I like to think it's all muscle mass. Ok, *some* of it might be holiday feasting weight, but for the most part I'm thinking it's weight from muscle. I was out trying on clothes while shopping yesterday and I actually had to try on clothes that were smaller sizes than I have ever tried on before and I am weigh the most I have ever been! Talk about bizarre. I'm a lean mean fightin' machine!!

Oooh! Speaking of fighting, I must mention two things. First: the new Battlestar Galactica series. This show will mean very little to those who aren't aware of the original series (which I absolutely love), but for those who are familiar I just have to ask... did you SEE the new mini-series?? The mini-series came out in 2003 and it was (I believe) a 3 part series. A certain sweet Israeli made me a copy of the mini series and I finally got around to watching it. It was AMAZING!!!! I was so surprised because I was dreading the changes they made from the original series, but I am happy to report it was nothing short of fantastic. I actually found myself saying that I wish the crappy new Star Wars movies could be like this. Yeah, you heard me George Lucas, you SUCK. Thanks for taking my favourite movie series and piledriving it into the ground. Anyway! That's a rant for another day. You MUST get your paws on the new Battlestar Galactica mini-series because the actual tv series is starting next week. Eeeek! I can't wait!!

Speaking of Star Wars there is a new game I must have: Star Wars Battlefront. This is the perfect game for geeks like me. It takes actual battle scenes and settings from the movie (Endor, Hoth, Tattoine, etc..) and let's you fight in them as pratically anything (pilot, gunner, Wookiee, Stormtrooper... almost anyone! good or bad!!!!!!!). Anyway, I could go on and on about that but I don't want to bore the non-geeks who might be still reading after my geek rant in the last paragraph. If you are a Star Wars geek go click the link and check out this awesome game. And um...if anyone has a copy... I wouldn't say no to one. Oh, and I might need a vid card... the requirements ask for a 64mb card and mine's only 32mb. So if you wanna just send those over this way that would be great. Thanks. :-P

Oh and before I finally go... am I the only one upset to hear that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston broke up?? When I read the news the other day I actually gasped and said 'no!!'. So sad. I thought those kids were tight and were gonna make it. Too bad. :-/ It's tough being multi-millionaires and super hot celebrities trying to find love.