Friday, December 31, 2004
Happy New Year, everyone!
 
I think I am supposed to say some really deep and reflective stuff about the past year since it's New Year's Eve, but I have always thought the event was overrated to begin with.

For me this has been one of my best and most healing years. After years of struggling I finally feel like I am coming nicely into my own. Though occasionally feeling directionless, I feel good overall and am happier than I have ever been. I got to go back to Israel for the second year in a row, and can't wait to go back again. I love it and can't get enough of it. My relationship with my parents has grown stronger after a few years of resentments and distance gnawing at it. There is still more that can be better, but it is a work in progress and I am happy with how it is going. And I am surrounded by the most awesome group of friends imaginable making me feel positive and happy.

I guess what I am saying (in what is turning out to be one of my cheesiest posts ever) is that life is good, and for that I am grateful. The weather here today is remarkably warm (9C/48F! Better than the -35C/-31F it was a week+ ago!!) and perfect for a celebration tonight with my friends. We will gather, eat food, laugh, play cards and just enjoy the warmth and bond of friendship. And I wouldn't have it any other way...

Have a great new year, folks. And don't make me lecture you about drinking and driving, and about how a best friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver. Just be smart, and be responsible. That's all I ask.

Happy New Year and Shabat Shalom.