Wednesday, November 24, 2004
snow pixie
 
It's SNOWING!!!! Well okay, it WAS snowing..for a bit there. It was raining, and then it was frozen rain, and then it was a bunch of snow. And I was happy (we never get snow this early in the year!). And when I squealed when I saw the snow as I was leaving a mall, complete strangers shot me loathing looks. Tsk. Fools! Anyway, most of it has melted around here, though a little farther north of the city there's supposed to be a big storm tonight. I'm so jealous.... I hope some comes our way.
*fingers crossed*

Yesterday something bizarro happened. I was setting up a new computer in the office, including a new wireless router. I know nothing about routers, but because I am the only one in the office who is "computer savvy" the task falls to me to figure out. So after following the setup instructions unsuccessfully I called the tech support line found on the back of the instructions. I spent a fair amount of time on the phone with a Jamaican chap as we went through all the troubleshooting to try and resolve the problem. We joked and laughed as I often do with tech support lines and the call lasted almost 45 mins. Eventually we got the matter sorted out and I thanked him for his time. However. An hour or so later I got a call .......from the tech guy!!!! As in, the guy had my work number from when we were on the phone earlier, and he CALLED me at work to hit on me!!!! He thought I was all sweet sounding and he was turned on by my voice. I was stunned. I am still stunned, in fact. And I am even a wee bit concerned the guy is gonna track me down at work, in person. He was really quite agressive (yet friendly) on the phone, asking the usually questions (age, single). I told him he's crazy coz I could have 5 heads and 6 arms for all he knows. Eek. Stay away scary man!
wtf??????? it was just weird.

So tonight I am heading to a concert though I don't really feel like it. As much as I like snow, I have been driving around all afternoon in cruddy grey and rainy weather, and I don't much feel like going back out in it. But hey, I'm going to see The Pixies, and I'm thinkin' it'll be a good show. I guess we'll see.

Oh, and I wanna send some love out to my fellow blogger and sweet friend, SAM, who had back surgery this morning. I'm thinking of you sweetie!!! Get well soon. And thank your significant other for giving me a call to let me know you were ok. That was really nice. Hang in there!!