Monday, October 11, 2004
the passing of a hero
 
I am so very upset that I could cry. To wake up and hear that Christopher Reeve has died at the age of 52 has well and truly broken my heart. He had struggled to over come so many difficult odds, and had become a shining example of hope to so many people. He had even made a trip to Israel because of it's advanced research in the field of spinal injury treatment. Israel too feels the loss of a great man.

I remember when the Superman movies first came out. I was about 9 years old by the time the 3rd one came out, and there were Superman posters in the cereal boxes. I had collected them all and put them up on my bedroom walls thinking Superman was sooooooo handsome. He, along with Han Solo, was my first crush.

My heart goes out to Christopher's wife and children today.... we all mourn the loss with you.