Tuesday, October 05, 2004
the long road to recovery..
 
Ok, I'm gonna make this short, it's uncomfortable to be at my computer (in fact, I stand while typing).

I got home from the hospital yesterday morning, I had surgery around midnight Sunday night. Looks like I have another week at home ahead of me, and I have a nurse who comes once a day to change my dressings. It's a *most* unpleasant experience, so I thank the blue heavens for Percocet. Otherwise the nurse might end up with a black eye. }:-)

I was somewhat amused that when I met my surgeon for the consultation on Sunday that he had in fact done surgery on me before (he repaired a hernia in my belly button). It's like we were old friends! Er... sort of. Anyway, he's the nice guy who carved the infection out of my intestines. Sounds like fun doesn't it?? Boy is it ever!

And I'm a lucky girl because I have someone to keep me company this week. My sister-in-law's sister has dropped her cat (Pumpkin) off for a week of catsitting. At first I thought the timing of it all couldn't be worse, but now it's kinda nice having a kitty to keep me company. :-)

Ok, gotta run, getting tired standing here. Take care folks, and I really appreciate all your kind comments. You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :-*