Sunday, October 26, 2003
relaxin' is the name of the game
 
First of all, let me just say that The Life Of David Gale was a fantastic movie. Loved it, highly recommend it. Comedian was ok too, but you gotta really be in the mood for a comedy based documentary (not that that sort of thing comes up too often). After watching the movies it was 1am and I decided to head out and drop the movies off so I could sleep in and not have to worry about returning them by 10am this morning. While I was out I got myself some banana milk, coz I love it so, and I had a craving for it. Mmmmmmilk. Tasty. I had it with cookies that I baked. Now when I say baked, I mean that Pillsbury made the dough, cut them into little rounds lumps, and I merely took them out of the package and put them on a cookies sheet, and baked them for 12 minutes. LOL. When I first saw this, I thought that only the laziest of jerks would buy such a product. I mean come on, at least buy the pre-made dough and just cut it into the round hunks to bake, how lazy do you have to be to have them PREsliced for you?? Yet there I was grabbing them a week or so back when I was just picking up a few groceries and saw them in the dairy section. As it turns out, these are the best things ever invented. First of all, they come in a resealable package, so I just take out 3 or 4 at a time and bake them. That way I have myself FRESH baked cookies, everytime I feel like having cookies! Who doesn't love hot chocolate chip cookies?? Damn right. Also, the expiry date is so far in the future it's a joke, coz they'll never last that long. But it's nice that I have that option. And we won't think about what kind of crazy preservatives they must put in it to accomplish that extended expiry date. Anyway, I once knocked them, now I suggest trying them.

And speaking of refrigeration...you all may recall my ongoing feud with my landlord over my fridge. Well earlier this week I had left a bitter message on his answering machine telling him it's been two months and I was fed up. Then I opened my freezer door so he could hear the damn thing on his answering machine. Again folks, I can't make you understand how loud it was. I yelled at him saying it was an embarrassment that I had a friend stay with me earlier in the week and she couldn't sleep for the sound of it, since she was sleeping on my pull-out couch in the next room. (I left out the part where, at 1am, I jammed a pen in the fan to stop it from spinning and then yanked the propeller of the fan out so it would stop making that hideous noise, but do a lesser job of keeping my fridge cold. I decided my friend's sleep was more important)
ANYWAY, the point is that he called me last night and I am getting a new fridge delivered on Thursday. Hurray!! I can finally buy some food and fill up my fridge again!!! Happy happy. My dumbass landlord said on the phone to me that I didn't have to get upset and leave such an angry message on his phone. I said yes I did, and it's not like I got that way overnight...that was two months in the making. And hey, it worked didn't it? I can't wait. eek!! :-D