Thursday, October 23, 2003
all work and no play makes blue a dull girl
 
I think my body is seizing up. Joints stiff.....can't....move. Feet....aching.
I'm trying to remember how much I love my job, but after 12 hours it becomes really hard to be as enthusiastic. That is, until I stepped back and looked at my handiwork, then I felt pretty good. :-) Tomorrow shall be a repeat. In fact, I'm not altogether sure when I'll get a day off again...this might be the norm for the next week or so.
The best part is that I was rewarded at the end of the day with a parking ticket! GLEE! lol. I could complain, but it's my fault, I took my chances when I parked there and I knew it. So I pay it, and life goes on.

All this working downtown means I have been taking the subway (train, tube...whatever you call it, wherever you are in the world) a lot. I like taking the subway. I like watching the people, and the hustle and bustle of it all. Is that odd? *shrug* I have also been spending a lot of time in a giant department store (this particular location has five floors). It's cool, coz it's highly pretentious and snobby, and has lots of pretty Christmas decorations up. I like to pretend shop for clothes and makeup and perfume and stuff. I had this friend once who was awesome to shop with, especially the department stores. Unlike me, she had taste. LOL. I have a serious impairment...I can't tell the difference between really cool and tacky. You can see where that would be a problem. I'd also like to thank this bastard friend for getting me a perfume last year that I fell in love with, but cannot afford to replenish now that my bottle is gone. *crycry* Damn you for having such good taste!!
Anyway, now that the friend is gone, so is the shopping thrill. :-/ Crap.
Ah well, I don't have the money for it anyway.

What else? My grandma was in town visiting yesterday. This is nice I love my grandma. She brought stew. And after a long day at work it tasted like heaven.

Raise your hand if you're sick of spam! If your hand isn't in the air, you're a dirty rotten liar.
I was away from my computer all day doing that crazy working thang, and I came home to 42 e-mails......7 of which were actually from friends, the rest was spam. Where's a useful law when you need one? Spam really ought to be illegal.


So after work I went to Princess Blondie's place across the hall to do our usual Thursday night thing. We were on the edge of our seats...Survivor was TENSE tonight, man!! I thought Blondie was gonna pop she was so into it, it was cute. *pinch on the cheeks* I won't embarrass her by sharing details, but it's safe to say we were both worried about Rupert getting voted off. WHEW. (if you have taped it and intended to watch it later I'm sorry for blowing it for you)
Then I watched a brilliant episode of Will & Grace. James Earl Jones was awesome, as he acted out a scene of Sex And The City. He's a funny guy. I'm not a fan of the show unlike most of the female population I know, so I enjoyed the fun they poked at the show, it was fabulous.

And now...I desperately need a bath to soak my aching bones.... got another long day ahead of me tomorrow.
In a final note, you all need to check out a song by the Dandy Warhols called "We Used To Be Friends". I love it for a whole bunch of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that it is SO damn catchy. Always puts me in a good mood. :-D

"A long time ago
We used to be friends
But I haven't thought of you lately at all
If ever again
A greeting I send to you
Short and sweet to the soul I intend"