Thursday, September 21, 2006
give me tv or give me death!
 
Some have asked.... "NOW where did you disappear to??"
Well, it was my birthday last week and I had someone close to me in from out of town for most of the week, so I was busy enjoying myself, thank you very much. All work and no play makes celestial blue a dull girl, so it was time I relaxed a bit. Plus... the News front has been quiet so I have been feeling a bit like I haven't had much to talk about, ya know? I mean do you *really* want to know about the new grill I bought? I didn't think so.

I am working my butt off and trying to develop my fitness/health lifestyle. I have had to back off on my quest for a consistent exercise program because my asthma was really troubling me, so I am going to have to find a break somewhere in my work schedule to go see the doctor about it. I don't want my mission for more exercise to be thwarted by poor asthma management. I'm not givin' up that easy!

I am also fully into the new fall tv season, which could well be the bane of my social life and time in the gym. It's really quite pathetic how much time I spend watching tv and I fully admit my addiction to my pvr (personal video recorder, or TiVO as some know it as). I pay a lot of money for my suped up cable so I can get all the channels I like and if it weren't for my ability to record something like 40 hrs of tv shows I wouldn't be able to keep up. Then again, having that much recorded for later views begs the question... just when do you have the time to watch it all? The simple answer is that I don't. I've had to axe shows like Oprah and Dr. Phil and replace it with new shows like Standoff and The Class. It's all about priorities and thank god I can fast forward through commercials.... helps speed up the viewing!

*sigh* Yes, I know how all that sounds so I'm gonna cork it now, lest I seem like a fool hopelessly addicted to Hollywood offerings. Hey, there's worse addictions, believe me.

Anyway, just wanted to drop a quick post to say I'm alive and kicking. I think I feel a better post coming on soon..... I'm thinkin' Sunday when I'm not working (yes, I'm working Friday night and Saturday during the day like a bad, bad Jew).

To those celebrating the New Year..... Shana Tova!