Wow, that was quite the absence, wasn't it? Well, it was a few things (work, computer death, etc) but mostly I just didn't feel like writing. Hell, I don't even feel like writing that much right now, but I know sometimes you just have to drag yourself back into the saddle again.
In the last week I have *finally* got in the mood to do things I have needed to do for months
now.... things that just require you to be in that right mood in order to do it. Like unpacking boxes from moving into my new place 4.5 months ago and cleaning out junk drawers and getting organized. So obsessed did I get that I actually worked *right* through the night last Saturday and went for some 42 hours without sleeping. I know that sounds borderline unhealthy but I have to say that the awesome feeling of accomplishment I got from it was well worth it. I also got a months worth of paperwork done, so that worked out well. Now I just need to get my computer organized and I have already started by cleaning up my Gmail inbox, whittling it down from 182
emails to 20. Whew!
Every time something crazy has happened in the news I felt like I should be blogging. The ceasefire between Israel and Hizbollah
. The fraudelent pictures
depicting Israel in a bad light (pfft. what else is new??). Crazy new airport rules
because of another scare
. An arrest in a 10 year old murder case
that seems to supercede all that other stuff. I ended up not blogging because... well.... I guess I felt like I didn't have much to add in terms of observation. That and I think I just had to unplug for a while. All this craziness with Israel and Lebanon had lead to some sleepless, nightmare filled nights for me so my self preservation finally kicked in and I took a step back from the news. *sigh* And to think that 24% of Israel's population
was living in poverty before
this war... I hate to think what will happen now
... And yes, I feel horrible for the innocent Lebanese that got caught in the middle of all this.
Anyway. Howzabout some random links for fun? Haven't had one of those kinda posts in a long LONG time.... so enjoy this roundup of useless but amusing links!
1) "A new Hamas website features animated figures calling on youngsters to fight Zionists, commit suicide for God... The animated figure calls on children surfing the web to enter the site and learn about the lives of "shahids" (martyrs) who "died a hero's death," after massacring Jews.
" Oh wait.... wait, I said I was going to stop talking about that kind of stuff, right? Sorry I mixed up talk of kids sites
with something that might be FUN and carefree. My mistake.
2) Simply the most stunning pictures taken of China EVER
. Ever ever ever.
3) Come on, you like cheesy games
as much as I do. Mind Me Bloody Beer! Drunk Walk! (those babies are for you Sam
!) Russian Roulette! Penguin Baseball! Lust for Bust! Spank The Monkey! (worth it for the music, alone!) This site has it all! Prefer classic 80's games? Get yer fill right here
4) Apparently you can train your pet fish
. Um.... you know, to do tricks and stuff. *shrug* There are videos if you don't believe me!
5) I'm pretty sure I'm going to go straight to hell for finding this amusing. It's childish and so so wrong... Ding! Fries are done!
6) If you've never had the opportunity to watch Reefer Madness
(circa 1936!), here's your chance
! It's not just for potheads anymore!
7) Need a dose of cuteness? Head to Cutecore
for things that'll make ya say... awwwww!! If that's not enough cuteness for ya, go here
8) Sometimes bad pictures happen to good people.... and then get mad fun of mercilessly on the internet. Be sure to click the "Next" button underneath .. repeatedly. Welcome to Silly Mosh Girl Images
9) An oldie but a goodie: the evolution of Michael Jackson's face
. That be some scary shit, kids.
10) Alright, if that freaked you out let me make you laugh until you forget; here is a hilarious clip of 4 babies laughing
. It's too adorable for words and almost makes me want to have kids. ALMOST, I said.
11) Please, will someone explain this picture
to me? And while you're at it, explain why someone would even create
such a thing.
12) Once again, so very wrong but this clip
brings me tears I laugh so hard. And you best believe I did it to MY cat after watching it. The amazing part? My cat had the exact same reactions. I am going straight to hell, anyone care to join?
13) To my Americans friends: I love clips like this
of your president. We never get good stuff like this with our prime minister.
14) Dear sweet God, how I love you Mr. Hasselhoff. I'd jump in your car
15) Whattya mean drugs and wars
16) Raise your hand if you like Jesus! If you do, I have just the store for you
17) I think I found what I want for my birthday (Sept 13th, in case you were wondering): a Banana Guard
. Oh yes, make my banana safe from bruising, oh helpful guard o' mine!
18) When you're done explaining the pic in #11 to me, explain this friggin' thing
to me, please
19) Ok SERIOUSLY now... how much time do you have on your hands that you'd actually create a Virtual Stapler
?? Hover and then click on them!!
20) When you're bored of making virtual staplers go ahead and stack your pennies
. Another fine time-killer.
21) Need a little help remembering something? No one in your life to nag you? Let HassleMe
help. I set it up to remind me to clean the cat litter.
22) If you like Star Wars and ninjas you will find this
23) In case you didn't know I have a deep love affair with the new (and old!) Battlestar Galactica
series. While I am normally against posting results of silly personality tests (though that's not to say I don't enjoy taking them when no one is looking) I simply had to post this one because I love the character and the analysis is surprisingly accurate in that blanket-explanation kind of way (that I and I LOVE Starbuck
You scored as Lt. Kara Thrace (Starbuck). You are the best damn Viper pilot in the fleet, so everyone else can just frack off. They need you, not the other way around. Maybe if you keep pushing people away they won't get close, because that is scary and it hurts. Oh yes, and anyone who has a problem with you being a woman needs to just get over it.
Lt. Kara Thrace (Starbuck)
Capt. Lee Adama (Apollo)
Commander William Adama
CPO Galen Tyrol
Col. Saul Tigh
Dr Gaius Baltar
President Laura Roslin
Lt. Sharon Valerii (Boomer)
What New Battlestar Galactica character are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
Anyway, that about does it for me. Feeling good about this post... I think I'm back, kids!! WOOT WOOT!! Have a great weekend, and Shabat Shalom!