Monday, May 16, 2005
Surviving
 
This morning I was coming into work with a smile on my face, a spring in my step and song in my heart. I had a fabulous weekend of coffee with friends on Friday night, poker playing all day and night on Saturday, and meditation and movies yesterday. Three hours of meditating with my group and EIGHT hours of movie viewing in the theatre made for a jam packed day on Sunday.

But this morning I felt like I had the world by the ass. I taped the 3 hour Survivor FINALE last night because my usual Survivor viewing buddy, Princess Blondie, was in Ohio this weekend so we couldn't watch it together. This morning I was chipper as I put myself into a media blackout so as to not ruin the ending of the show (I believe Princess Blondie and I did this last time too). I watched no news and listened to no radio this morning. I just had to get through the next 8 hours (not hard to do at work) and get to Blondie's house to watch it. I'm experienced I know I can do it. Yes sir, this is going to be a good week... kicking it off with Survivor and following it up with a midnight viewing of the new Star Wars movie on Wednesday night.

As I stood in the office kitchen this morning a co-worker came in and said excitedly: "Yay Tom!". I looked at her and thought.. hunh? Tom who? Cruise?? What did he do? I replied with "what the hell are you talking about??" to which she said: "Don't you watch Survivor??". It was at this point that a little dark thunder cloud rolled over my head and began to rain on my otherwise sunny day. "Did you just ruin the show for me?" I asked her. Her face fell as she realized the error of her ways. I couldn't even get angry at her because she didn't mean to... but it totally squashed my good mood. I told her that she should always, ALWAYS, start a conversation about a tv show with "Did you watch (blank) last night?". You just never know when someone is taping something. *sigh* I called Princess Blondie up, told her what happened but that I still wanted to get together and watch it (she doesn't know who won yet, so at least one of us can still be surprised). Oh, and if I just ruined it for someone else, I apologize... but you should be putting yourself in a blackout!! lol

But as I said.... I had a good weekend, so I can't really complain. Yesterday my friends and I saw three films back-to-back in the theatre for a marathon movie day. We saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (liked it a lot), Be Cool (liked it, it was amusing) and House of Wax (pretty cheesy, but if you have low expectations like I did it's not so bad. you get to see Paris Hilton play.... Paris Hilton! I hardly call that acting, but who am I to judge?).

This week still promises to be good. I have lots to do at work which makes me happy; I hate not having anything to do. I still have Survivor to watch which means a good time with my bestest friend Princess Blondie. And my friends and I, The Geek Squad, have that midnight show for Star Wars to see, for which we get to line up hours in advance like uber-geeks. We'll take pictures, play cards, and chat up the other geeks. It's all good fun. AND I have that calendar I want to put together to start some fundraising for my trip to Israel. I figure that even if I don't get enough to do the 5 month trip I can at least go for a couple of weeks, which is better than not going at all. But I'm gonna push hard to try and raise enough for the trip.... I'm feeling the drive to do this again.

Hope everyone had a good weekend... do feel free to share with the rest of us what you did.