Tuesday, May 10, 2005
you want me to go to Israel, don't you??
 
Ok, I'm back to obsessing over finding a way to finance the 5 month trip to Israel I want to go on with Livnot (being accepted into their program has been one of the most frustrating experiences to date, I'll tell ya). I don't know what it was about this particular morning but I woke up with that familiar feeling in my gut like I gotta find my way back to Israel again. The feeling is always there, but the strength of the drive ebbs and tides. Maybe it's the warmer weather here that has me dreaming of Israel again? *shrug* I dunno. Maybe because I have friends over there that I am dying to see again? Probably.

So I need some help here. I need some really good suggestions on how I can raise some money. Yes, when the time comes up I will put up a begging bowl and grovel for donations, but I am looking for other ideas on how I can really raise some money... something like carwashes, but better. Be creative, maybe it can be something I do on my blog (a blogathon where people sponsor me and I blog for 24 hours straight? answer questions from readers about myself for $5 a pop? would any of you actually go for that or would it be a flop?) or something I can do in my life. I am fresh out of ideas but open to suggestions so let's have 'em. I'm hoping for a good brainstorming session here, so for those readers who never ever bother comment, now is the time to come out of hiding and speak up. If ya like me enough to come back time and time again to read than hopefully you like me enough to stop lurking and share some ideas.

I need some help here folks... help me, help me! :-)