Thursday, March 17, 2005
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 
Boy, it's days like this that I wish I drank....coz who doesn't love green beer!! Well, maybe I can console myself with the ever-delicious McDonald's Shamrock Shake. Mmmm.. a minty milkshake that makes you feel like your drinking chilled toothpaste. Oh how I love you Shamrock Shake! Even if you do make me feel a little nauseous afterwards, each and every time.

Yes indeed, this holiday brings out the Irish in me and I've had to resist buying one of those ridiculous "Kiss Me, I'm Irish!" shirts. It also makes me wish I got the surname of my grandmother instead of my dad's.. coz Quigley has to be one of the coolest Irish names ever. Yes, that's right... if you dig far enough into my family heritage you'll find I'm in fact Irish. My ancestors have been in Canada since...well since white folk landed here. And it's crazy little holidays like this that remind me of my roots.

Anyway, if you are wondering about the history behind this occasion click here. Coz it's actually NOT about beer, four leaf clovers OR little leprechauns. Hard to believe, I know!

And speaking of funny little people... didja hear about the Lord of the Rings musical that's being developed? That's right kiddies, Toronto is going to be the first host city for the brand new musical that is set to open up this time next year. And you're damn right I'm going! Woot!!

Waitaminute.... do they even MAKE the Shamrock Shake anymore??