Wednesday, February 02, 2005
3 things.
 
1) will someone PLEASE talk me out of spending money on a new computer? For some reason I feel I absolutely need a 120 GB drive, 3.8 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM and a 128 MB vid card, all of which I do not presently have. This would run me about $1200-1500 (CAN). I do not have this kind of money, which is why I have no business even considering it. Any help you can offer in helping me to reason this out would be appreciated.

2) I have said it before and I am going to say it again: "I'd like to address a pet peeve of mine, and I'm sorry if I insult anyone who does this (and I already know of a few of my readers who do). When expressing a laugh in text, use HEE HEE, not HE HE or the variant 'hehe'. "Hee" denotes a little laugh. A giggle, perhaps. "He" is a pronoun denoting the male gender. "He couldn't wait to give celestial blue a million trillion dollars". "Hee...." she giggled "...you're so funny!!" (oh, and don't even start me on the misuse of "your" and "you're")

3) Think that was nitpicky? How about this... I would just love it if people would stop using the word "good" instead of "well". For instance, your child is on a break from his soccer game.... you are the supportive parent cheering from the sidelines... you shout "You're doing good, honey!". In fact, your child is doing well. Not good. And now you've just passed along your bad grammar to your child. If you don't understand what the hell the difference is click here. I don't claim to be a grammar queen by any stretch (I'm not always vigilant about the misuse of "it's" and "its", for instance), but these things in particular really chap my ass.