Saturday, July 31, 2004
across the river, into the woods, to grandmother's house we go
 
Well I'm back. I will upload pictures and share tales for those who are interested, but it will have to wait until tomorrow; I'm too tired today. But let me say this, the first thing I did when I got back into town was head out to the movie theatre to see the movie I have been dying to see for a year now, "The Village". Here's what I actually said to my friend as the credits rolled up: "I think I'm going to have to hunt that man down (the director) and kill him. And then I'm gonna revive him... bring him back to life ...so I can kill him again. And I might have to do that many times". It's safe to say I didn't like the movie. I'd get into more detail but to do so would ruin it for anyone who plans on seeing it, and I'd hate to spoil the joy. Maybe it's my fault for having high expectations, I just don't know. But if I ever happen to meet M. Night Shyamalan I will grab him and shake him violently until my $13 falls from his pockets. Sadly, I cannot regain those 2 hours I lost to the viewing. If anyone else was lucky enough to see this gem, do feel free to share your views with the rest of us. One good thing about the movie? Bryce Dallas Howard is a wonderful actress who should have been onscreen long ago (which shouldn't have been difficult since her dad is Ron Howard, and she looks just like him!). She was fantastic and I look forward to seeing future projects from her.