Tuesday, July 27, 2004
bring it
 
I have one of those special moods going, right now. The kind that makes you wanna tell the entire world to just fuck off and leave you alone. I'm not sure what spawned this craptacular mood, but I'm going to hazard a guess and say it was work. I got myself all stressed out over a project I was working on and then got annoyed when people kept calling me, e-mailing me, messaging me, or just generally distracting me from accomplishing my goal. I guess that's what I get for putting it off until the last minute, so I have no one to blame but myself. Perhaps I should be telling myself to fuck off for being a complacent and procrastinating idiot. Instead I settled for bouts of road rage in which I yelled and gave the finger at every given opportunity, on the way home from work.

I do feel somewhat calmer now that I have baked a cake. How very June Cleaver of me; hey maybe she had something there, ya know? Bake a cake = feel calmer. I made it for my grandma, it's her 84th birthday tomorrow. I also get to take a mini vacation for the rest of the week (and not a minute too soon, obviously). Right now grandma is happy as a clam up in a cabin in the northern woods of Ontario with my parents where they have been fishing since Saturday. I will be making the journey up tomorrow morning to join them, have lunch, eat some cake and open presents, and then tag off. My parents are heading back home and then I am stepping in to spend the rest of the week fishing with grandma (truth be told, we all agreed that though we love grandma dearly neither of us could go a whole week with her in a cabin, with no tv, without strangling her. shh!). It should be a very interesting little getaway indeed. Lots of fishing, lots of card playing and lots of picture taking.

Meanwhile I'm having M&M's and Cream Soda for dinner because that's what I damn well feel like, and then I'm gonna do some packing. If you guys were hoping for something a little more entertaining, may I suggest you go read this; it's one of the funniest things I have ever read. I literally laughed until I wept like a donkey. HIL-arious! (link via Meryl)