Monday, June 07, 2004
hateful cowards
 
I'd like to start this post off by sending out a big "fuck you!" to the punk ass kids who yelled anti-semitic remarks to me as I walked down the street yesterday. I was walking with my Hebrew teacher to her car with a few of the signs she had up at her booth for the Israel Day Festival, making us immediately identifiable, and so a pair of idiots felt it was important to share their views on Jews. Ignorant little shits, you don't scare me. Say it to my face. I double dawg dare ya.

But I will not let those little bastards ruin my good mood today. I had a great time at the festival yesterday, spending time in the company of other Jews (and Israelis! always have a soft spot for those Israelis), and hanging out with my Hebrew teacher and one of my classmates who had a booth set up next to hers. My classmate and I snuck away to go buy a few presents for our teacher for the end of the school year. :-) I had a really great time and bought myself a little necklace.

And today has been really good, and I can't figure out what set this day apart from most others. I woke up an hour early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to just get up and head into work early. And surprisingly I had a really good day at work, and actually ENJOYED my work, and the day went by in the blink of an eye! How awesome is that? I think that these college courses I'll be taking this summer are gonna be cool...I'm getting excited. It's nice to have a sense of direction again. Feels good, and certainly shifts my outlook on my job. Yay!

I'd also like to say that I have a new love in my life, and it is soymilk. Never in my LIFE did I think I would ever hear myself saying that, yet here I am sipping a soy chai latte and writing about it in my blog. I blame it on Princess Blondie. A month or so ago she made me a chai soy latte when I was having a bad day, and it was deeeeelicious! Before I was all, ew soy beverages are grody. And now I'm all, omigod, where can I get me some more?? I was walking through the grocery store the other day and saw a display set up. I stopped, I looked, and I thought....what the hell. So I bought some. And I'm a bit of a newbie to the soy world, so I had no idea what I was buying. I bought the regular 'natural' flavour to start with. And I made my chai latte, and it was good....but the real surprise came after I tried some cold soymilk. Again, I was bracing for the worst....and again I was surprised at how good it is. Will I be replacing my regular (cow's) milk? I doubt it, I have a long standing love affair with milk. Plus I think soymilk is a bit expensive considering how much milk I go through. But I think I'll be buying it regularly now. Anyone got some tips/suggestion/recipes? My god....first it was leaving white bread for whole wheat bread...and now soymilk?? What's next?!!?