Saturday, January 17, 2004
outside world here I come!
 
Okay, it's been a little hard to keep my blog exciting to read since I haven't actually stepped foot out in the real world since Monday. Though my tumble into the mouth of madness is amusing to document, there isn't much else I can talk about.
I am still mad at my Hebrew homework and won't even look at it. I think I did a total of two lines of homework yesterday and then belly ached to a Hebrew speaking friend that I didn't like her language or the crazy friggin' rules it has. Honestly, it's crazy, there's no rhyme or reason to some of the rules. Why I insist on trying to learn a language I was clearly not meant to speak, is a mystery to me.

Anyway, what HAS been good is that Haloscan, the fine folks I signed up with when my old comment system crashed, has taken over the old comment guy's system and will (*fingers crossed*) be bringing all my old comments back for me. How nice is that??? I can't thank Haloscan enough, and sent them a nice message saying so. Fine folks, I highly recommend them.

I'd also like to go back and make one more point about the PopupStopper I had mentioned before. If any of you have downloaded it let me give you one big tip on how to use it; it is designed to stop other windows from opening. What this means is that though it usually won't stop you from opening another browser window it WILL keep you from opening some other useful windows like say, a comments window. Listen carefully.....when you click on a link and expect a window to open and see nothing it's because the popup stopper has halted it (hopefully you'll have it set to make a noise to remind you). All you have to do is hold down the CTRL key when you click the link again and it will bypass the popup stopper and let you open it. Okay? That's important to know, otherwise you will get very frustrated trying to figure out why you can't look at gallery pics on some sites or something. But trust me...the popup stopper is a wonderful thing. I love mine very much. You should too. Try it, and if you don't love it like I do....well you can uninstall it. lol

Anyway, I have been sleeping all day like a lazy bum. I want to be all ready for my first excursion outside in five days. Wheeee!! The outside world!! I can't wait to feel the cool (ok, COLD) air on my face, and feel the crunch of the snow under my boots. Eeeek!! Such fun. My parents are coming to get me in a warm heated vehicle, wrapping me all up in a warm blankie and covering my mouth to shield my lungs from the cold air; we're heading downtown to my brother's house for dinner. That's nice. I like dinner. And I like my brother. And I like the outside world!! Also, I am excited on account of my brother has 2 new kittens running around his home. Hee. They'll be so cute, and I'm gonna take a million pictures. I'm sure he and his (longtime) girlfriend won't mind if I excuse myself right after dinner to play with the kittens all night, right? Or is that rude? lol Who cares. Kitties for me!

In closing I'd like to point out a blog I tripped across called Adventures in Jerusalem. His post about driving in Israel had me laughing so hard it hurt my poor little lungs. I particularly enjoyed the description of the street signs being shrunken to Hobbit size for good measure. It's funny, go read it. Go on! Shoo.