Friday, January 16, 2004
DOWN WITH TAG-BOARD!!!
 
If it's one thing I cannot STAND it's pop-ups. This is why I have a PopupStopper, and why I strongly recommend it to all of you. Go download it, it's free. Install it and love it as I do.

Anyway, so as soon as I noticed I had a pop-up appearing on my site I did a little digging and it seems I'm not the only one to be surprised by the addition of a pop-up since installing TagBoard (henceforth they shall be known as TagWhore). I, like other users, combed agreements and other small print and found no indicators that a pop-up would be the trade off for a free tagboard. And like many other users, I was willing to take down the tagboard rather than have pop-ups associated with my site. Screw you TagWhore, homey don't play that game.

After futher digging it looked a lot like I'd have to pay for a new tagboard, and found prices ranging from $10 -20. Now I don't mean to sound like a cheap bastard, but I just finished paying someone else $10 (American, which is like a million dollars Canadian, I might point out) and look where that got me. I don't like paying people only to have the site go crashing down and the creator throwing his hands in the air and declaring he gives up. With that fresh in my mind I'm not too excited to hand more money over for another tagboard; it's just not that important a feature on my blog.

But then the heaven's opened up and angels sang...and I found Whois-online Tag Boards. It's free, it PROMISES no pop-ups, and so far it seems to be ok. What can I say, the old tagboard was the best and I'll miss it. This will have to do. Let me know what you guys think.