Wednesday, October 29, 2003
it's the little things that make me happy
 
Well, I did it. I cut my hair off. It's short.....real short. And having had this before I remember now how much I love it. *glee* Oh the freedom of not having to spend all that time on it in the morning. I can't wait! And the timing couldn't be better, since I'm back into the getting-up-at-5:30am schedule tomorrow. Actually, it's because of that hectic schedule that I've decided to do it now. Well....that and Princess Blondie convinced me to do it. I have made it her official job to reassure me I look pretty on those days when my femininity might be feeling a little challenged. If it's one thing I've learned from having short hair before, it's that men almost always tie a woman's femininity to how long her hair is. They almost always prefer a woman with long hair. What about Winona Ryder? Or Demi Moore? or Sharon Stone?
Well whatever, you get the point. Personally, I like having short hair coz it's easy to maintain and I think it more matches my fiery/spunky disposition. :-)

On to other things. Let's talk about the latest Harry Potter book. I just finished reading it last night, and I must say....as much as I love Ms. Rowling's writing style (she is truly gifted) I just didn't find this book hooked me like the first 3. I found this with the book before this one as well. Now, I don't know if it has anything to do with the length of the books (the last two were both much longer than the first three), but I just didn't get the same feeling about them. I found the ending to be a little on the anti-climatic side. :-/ But I would still recommend it coz I loved it anyway. As I said, the writing is amazing and I often laugh at loud; it's funny and brilliantly written. I hope this gets the next generation into reading more. If you haven't gotten into the series, I suggest you give it a try.

And tomorrow...I get my new fridge!!!! woot woot!!